While the storm is now a Cat-1 Hurricane, a casual look at the predicted path would suggest no real changes since last evening. However, subtle changes may have a significant impact on the Outer Banks & Corolla.
- Track has moved W – not a lot, but enough to have Isaias make landfall near Jacksonville, NC, & cross over The Island near Manteo.
- With this path, the storm (which will be moving fast) will not lose much power over the wetlands to our SW or the Albemarle Sound.
- Rainfall predictions have bumped up to 2-4”.
- Storm is anticipated to reach Cat-2 status before making landfall to our South.
- 8AM Monday (earliest arrival of TS winds) to 8PM Monday (most likely arrival of TS winds).
The wildcard in this is wind shear which could “take off the top” of the storm and lessen its strength. Next update planned for about 4pm today.