Goodbye to July 2020, the month of horrible weather & weird things!
- In a single word, miserable. Hot & humid with heat indices in excess of 115* for days on end.
- No rain to speak of.
- In spite of the weather, few reported issues with AC.
- Many reported issues with appliances (ice makers, ovens, microwaves, etc.). Most of this wear & tear but in a few cases Silly Human Tricks.
- Some electrical issues, but most solved or ready to be addressed.
- Screws, bolts & nails coming loose at an odd rate. Interior floor nails, inside chair bolts, door knobs, you name it & it came loose in July.
- No explanation for this at all, but am blaming the weather!
Pools & Spas
- Stressed. Heavy use due to the heat & chems being sucked out like mad.
- Lots of evaporation, taking water levels down.
- Pool guys have been on top of this pretty well.
- Still a rough week the first week of July, but has improved much since then.
- Keep those rates high in Sept & Oct!
- While an August event, guests were in general very cooperative about Storm Prep.
Rats, Bugs & Such
- No sign of rats dead or alive in June. There are still here, so don’t let your guard down!
- No bugs. Nothing. I expect more with recent rain but overall no issues in July.
- Roly-Poly bugs did create issues in July due to dry conditions, but should retreat to normal outside living space with recent rain.
Turn Day Traffic
- July 2020 was the first July in 3 years I’ve not been rear-ended while on the road!