Check condition and operability (when possible) of exterior elements to include:
- Siding; trim; decks; stairs; railings; underpinning; dry spaces; windows & screens; outside showers/toilets; spigots; gutters & downspouts; exterior lights; exterior GFI outlets; dryer & exhaust vents.
- General condition of any pools & spas, including the deck area; fences; gates; pool mechanicals & pool safety equipment & signage.
- Assess the lot for drainage risks/issues; hazardous roots & tree limbs.
- Assess condition of parking pads & any walkways.
- Identify penetration points for rodents.
Check condition and operability (when possible) of interior elements to include:
- Operation of all doors, windows & sliders and look for signs of water penetration.
- Walls & ceilings for signs of water penetration. Check general condition of floors as much as possible.
- Status of plumbing to include operation of sinks: toilets & tubs; check for signs of current or past leaking.
- Status of electricals to include operation of outlets, switches & lights, and breaker boxes.
- Status and operability of appliances to include washers, dryers, microwave, cooktop & ovens, and refrigerators.
- Status and operability of mechanicals to include HVAC; water heaters; breaker boxes & elevators when present.
Check condition (as accessible) of safety items to include smoke alarms; CO detectors & fire extinguishers.